Notifications
Clear all

Welcome to the new East Carolina Roots Forum!

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@sara)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Well, I started a poll last night and when I finally got around to checking my email this morning, lo and behold, the response was overwhelming! I think it's probably rare that a poll gets 100% for one option, but that's what we have here. Everyone who responded voted, "Yes! A forum would be great!"

So here we are. πŸ™‚

I think I'll likely add categories for counties or special topics as they are needed, but for now, so forum visitors don't have to check too many places, we'll just keep everything either here in the General DiscussionΒ orΒ in the Queries forum.

I'd love it if all of you would introduce yourselves below. Also, as a member, you do have a profile area where you can upload pictures and include some information about your research areas. Let me know if you have any questions about how to use that.

Happy posting and researching!

(@bsumrell)

Hello, everyone.Β  My name is Becky, and I live in the New Bern, NC area.Β  I was bitten by the genealogy bug about 4 years ago and, now, I find myself pouring over old documents every chance I get.Β  When I'm not researching, my favorite pastime is reading with my cat, Zoe, on my lap while sipping a cup of tea.

ReplyQuote
(@sara)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

I'm so glad you're here, @dynamisimmortalaol-com! We have other members now, but I think the tendency is for folks to sit back and wait and see what's being discussed before they jump in. 😄

If you haven't noticed already, I've started a category of Surname forums in case there are any surnames that folks find particularly perplexing.

Now, the real question is how did you convince your cat to let you read while she's on your lap? We have three and the only one who likes lap-sitting mostly just likes to knead my lap like I'm her mother. My little dogs are the ones who love to sit with me while I read or write or whatever.

ReplyQuote
(@bsumrell)

Zoe and I have a compromise.Β  I can read on my Kindle since it only really takes one hand leaving one for her, but I can't use my laptop when she wants pets.

ReplyQuote
Share: