Notifications
Clear all

William Morris of Robeson County, NC

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@mthomas)
Topic starter  

I'm looking for any information on William Morris, born c. 1780, died 1846 in Robeson County, NC. We believe he was married twice, first to Elizabeth UKN (maybe Alford?) and second to Mildred Thompson. Children were Steven, Alfred, Nancy Waters/Walters, Susan Hooks (married first to a Taylor), and at least one UKN daughter married to a Rogers. These names are all derived from William's will dated 1846. There are several grandchidren named in the will as well. William's son Alfred is my 3x great grandfather. He moved to Mississippi/Louisiana before William died, and many of the Morris' in this area of South Mississippi descend from him. William is our brick wall. Given how little we can find on William, we are assuming he moved to Robeson County from elsewhere but have had no luck getting farther back. My mother has done Ancestry DNA and is also on GEDmatch (A106128), but I haven't been able to find any usable (for me) Morris data yet.  So, two requests:

1. If anyone has any suggestions or information on this Morris line, I would greatly appreciate any help you can provide.
  2. Is there a Morris Y-DNA project? My uncle is willing to do it, but I'm still new to all the DNA stuff and am not sure of the best way to proceed.

Thanks!

Share: