Notifications
Clear all

William Riley Edwards family

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@brax-edwards)
Topic starter  

I have some information I'd like to share for some of my Edwards ancestors.  Hopefully this clears some questions (& trees up).

The following are additions to William Riley Edwards' (B: 1812) line.  He had a son named William Edwards (B: 1853) - who had  son named John Henry Edwards (B: 1878). He was my GG Grand father. William also had another daughter named Elizabeth “Bettie” Edwards who later married a Griffin. See below for clearer picture:

• William Riley Edwards Descendant line:
  • William Riley Edwards (B) Abt 1812 (D) Aft 1870
  • (Wife) Annarosita "Rittie Ann" Buck (B) Abt 1810 (D) Aft 1870

Children of Wm Riley & Rittie Ann:

• Isaac Edwards (B) 1839 (D) 1917
  • Lacy Edwards (B) 1841 (D) 1914
  • Martha Edwards (Clark) (B) 1844 (D) 1914
  • William Edwards / married Elizabeth "Bettie" Avery (Averette/Evans?), then Mahala Jane Nobles)

Children of Wm & Bettie:

• Ephraim "Ethan" F. Edwards (B) 1869 (D) 1957
  • Delila "Lila" Edwards (Clark) (B) 1873 (D) 1954
  • Ellen Elizabeth Edwards (Hill) (B) 1877 (D) 1948
  • John Henry Edwards (B) 1878 (D) 1967
  • Prusa Ann Edwards (Evans) (B) 1880 (D) 1960
  • William Riley Edwards (B) 1884 (D) 1951
  • Elizabeth "Bettie" Edwards (Griffin) - (B) 1887 (D) 1972

I sourced all this from death certs, census records, Wills and news clippings (very very helpful). I've spent years just on this one line of Edwards. Just wanted to pass along the info in hopes of helping a long lost relative's continued research, and maybe some help from you all.  I have a public tree on Ancestry named “Edwards Family Tree” with tons of sources, if it helps anyone.

If anyone has anything that could help with finding who William Riley's (B: 1812) father was please share. Even a suspicion might help me in right direction. Thanks!

-Brax Edwards

( Updated on 06SEP20 to show descendant tree.  My explanation alone may have just been confusing, lol.)

(@cyndy)

By any chance are your ancestors from the  Macclesfield, Edgecombe, North Carolina area? 

I have many Edwards from the Edgecombe area. My ggg grandmother was an Edwards married to a Wooten. 

ReplyQuote
(@brax-edwards)
Topic starter  

My direct line and everything I have closely tracked are all in Chocowinity, Blount creek and Pitt County. I only made it back to 1850 census wise, and that was Chocowinity. Prior to that they may very well have come from Edgecombe area but I haven’t found that thus far. If you find anything please share and I’ll do the same! 

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Thanks for updating the information on this post. We at Do my dissertation from Express dissertation are Providing well-written write my dissertation service to your requirements, your research for assignment writing suggestion help will now end with the best Assignment Services. You just have to see our website for more information.

ReplyQuote
(@sarahjohn89)

No matter which type of dissertation you are stuck with. Just take our dissertation writing service UK and sit back and relax.

ReplyQuote
Share: