Add your surnames h...

Notifications
Clear all

Add your surnames here.

35 Posts
27 Users
0 Reactions
(@ted-malone)

I'm interested in the surname Joyner, from Pitt County, N. C. Particularly, I'm looking for information about Sarah Lucy Joyner, one of three daughters of Dr. Noah Joyner and his wife Emily Adelaide Williams. Sarah Lucy Joyner was usually known as Lucy Joyner. She was born 1851 and died 1910 in Chocowinity, N. C. She was a teacher and never married. I found a reference that stated she was the author of numerous short novels, poems, and serialized stories that appeared in magazines. I've been unable to find anything that she wrote, however.  From about 1900-1908 she was principal of the parochial school at Zion Episcopal Church, Beaufort County.

ReplyQuote
(@sara)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Somehow I hadn't been seeing notifications about these, but I've just added surname forums for Rose (@buddy) and Exum (@bellosilvestre, @kella). 

There was already a surname forum for Joyner

Y'all feel free to post in those whatever you want about those surnames!

ReplyQuote
(@sara)
Member Admin
Topic starter  
Quote from TXSteph on November 4, 2020, 4:01 pm

I'm looking for Brantley.

Where is your Brantley? Just to make sure, this forum is focused on families in eastern NC so if the surname is to be added to the forum, let me know what eastern NC counties you are searching Brantleys in.

ReplyQuote
(@johnsavage49)

I'm searching for Savidge or Savage.  Lived in Edgecombe county and Martin County from about 1750 to 1850 and possibly longer.

ReplyQuote
(@emarie59)

Greetings!

My mother's paternal side was Bright, Mayo, Godley, starting with John O'Hagan with Rhoda Godley,  from Chocowinity , Beaufort cty,

ReplyQuote
(@llholl67)

I have Mahn, Bloodworth, Bordeaux, and particularly looking for Armstrong information. My information was that they came to Duplin County, but settled in the Pender County area and there was an Armstrong Plantation for awhile.

ReplyQuote
(@julieallen)

Petit (can be spelled many ways), Mills, and Smith. Specific information I have is Gideon Petit born 1768. Jemima Mills born 1760 and married Gideon. Jacob Smith born 1797 and married Gideon and Jemima's daughter, Nancy Petit.  Nancy born 1798. 

ReplyQuote
(@peachteach16)

Hi. Thanks for the add. I'm looking to break my brick wall with my oldest Ellis ancestor. His name was John Ellis. Several sources indicate he was born in North Carolina (specifically the Pitt/Dobbs area) about 1770-73 and died in Telfair County, Georgia about 1842. He migrated with an unknown wife and two small children, William (1797 NC-1867 Coffee County, GA) and Minta (1801 SC-aft 1800 Telfair County, GA). After his first wife's death, he married Jerusa (many say Roundtree--never proven) who was born in NC but whose family had moved to Emanuel County, GA by about the same time. They had five children together: Hiram (1810-1877); John Jr. (1812-1856); Henry (1816-1893); Jerusha (1819-1885); and Mary Ann Jincy (1823-1895). I only have records for John once he reached Montgomery and Emanuel Counties, before finally settling in Telfair County, GA. If any of the names sound familiar, please let me know. Surely one of those boys was named after John's father.

ReplyQuote
(@skip)

Quote from EMarie59 on February 12, 2021, 5:06 pm

Greetings!

My mother's paternal side was Bright, Mayo, Godley, starting with John O'Hagan with Rhoda Godley,  from Chocowinity , Beaufort cty,

ReplyQuote
(@kimberley)

Hi Sara,

I am looking for information regarding the Gatlin and Purifoy families.  John NMI Purifoy is my 3rd GGF.  I believe that he is the son of Nicholas Purifoy II the son of Rev. Nicholas Purifoy.  Everyone thinks that Thomas Purifoy Sr was his father but I believe that Thomas was his older brother.  Also any information on Nicholas II's wife, I believe to be a Mary Gatlin.

ReplyQuote
(@wilkiejk)

Wilkie/Wilkey

ReplyQuote
(@franklinlara)

Lara

ReplyQuote
(@jmitchell)

Looking for information on Mitchell family from the Granville, Wake, Johnson and Franklin Counties.  surnames: Mitchell, Jones, Holden, Buffaloe and Beach.

ReplyQuote
(@jeffowens)

I am researching James Price (b. 1740) and his son James Jr. (b. 1780). Craven County

ReplyQuote
(@eva2eeyore)

Looking for Mosley, Mosely, Moseley ancestors.  Duplin NC, 1800 Benjamin Mosely Jr. (Married Lucinda Tinder, Indiana) Bute Co 1771 early census, a Benjamin Mosely. Father of Ben Jr. ?

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3
Share: