A growing list of Eastern North Carolina counties now have their deeds and other records online. From now on links to all of the following Register of Deeds databases can be found via the Research Databases link in the top menu of this site.
Interestingly, some counties also have Slave and Co-Habitation Records, as well as detailed land grant plats.
Happy searching! 😀
- Beaufort County – Index to real estate conveyances, 1696-1959; deeds & mortgages, 1700-1960
- Craven County – Index, Deeds, and Land Grants from 1739
- Duplin County – Deeds, Land Grants, Maps, Marriage Records, Slave Records, Co-Habitation Records
- Edgecombe County – Sign in as guest, then click on Online Index Books. That will let you search index for 1759-1920.
- Johnston County – Index, Deeds, Co-Habitation records
- Martin County – Index, Deeds, and Land Grants from 1771 (Index books mention date range beginning with 1762, but county wasn’t formed until 1774)
- Onslow County – Index, Deeds and Land Grants from 1734
- Pitt County – Old Index Books and Deeds dating back to 1762
Hopefully, we’ll see the following counties have their Register of Deeds historic content available online in the near future.