I am searching for information on the WILLIAMS family of Calvert County, MD.
I just learned that an ancestor, Talbott WILLIAMS (b. abt 1750 in Maryland, d. 1820 Craven County, NC) was born in Maryland, and he was listed in the Assessment of Calvert County in 1783 with the following two pieces of property:
Talbott Williams. Swinsons Adventure, pt, 82 3/4 acres. CV 2nd District, p. 23. MSA S 1161-3-2 1/4/5/46
Talbott Williams. Friendship Rectified, pt. CV 2nd District, p. 23. MSA S 1161-3-2 1/4/5/46
I know that he was in North Carolina by 1786 when he showed up on a tax list in the Swift Creek area of Pitt County (not far from modern-day Vanceboro).
By 1790, he was living in Swift Creek (Vanceboro), Craven County, NC. He died in 1820.
His wife was Nancy (Last Name Unknown) and his children were:
- Caroline ‘Kitty’ Williams 1780 – bef 1860 (married Laban Morris of Craven County)
- Sarah ‘Sally’ Williams 1785 – 1870 (moved to Posey Co., Indiana)
- Nancy Williams 1789 – unknown
- Mary Williams 1790 – unknown
- Levi Williams 1792 – unknown
- William Williams 1794 – unknown (was in Craven County until at least 1830)
- Zachariah Williams 1795 – aft 1850 (moved to Posey Co., Indiana)
- Joseph Williams 1798 – aft 1880 (moved to Posey Co., Indiana)
I would appreciate any information that anyone could share.